Couple weeks back, I was nominated for the Liebster Award.
Now, I have no idea whatsoever what this means. Is it an actual award? Did I win? Is it merely a fancy tag?
All I know is that I’ve got to answer some questions. These questions were given me by Ariella, who you all know by now is epic and amazing. (Does she also get the award? I’m confused.) There are eleven of them and they are as follows:
- What is your current favorite book/series, and why?
- What are your favorite genres to read and write?
- What is your favorite fandom?
- Would you rather bring one of your characters to this world for a day or visit your favorite book world for a day?
- What is your favorite character to write or read about?
- Do you prefer coffee or tea?
- Would you rather be really good at one specific talent or average at a wide variety of talents? Why?
- What is your passion in life?
- Do you have any ‘unusual’ talents or hobbies?
- Would you rather live in a desert or snowy region for the rest of your life?
- Can you think of a movie adaption that was better than the book?
And when I’m done with these, I have to come up with my own questions and then tag 11 more people for this award. (Again, why is it an award?)
So, uh . . . . here we go!
This question’s a little hard to answer, because I haven’t been reading very much lately, as we haven’t gone to the library in a good while. But I think that no matter what new bangers I come across, I’ll always love The Mysterious Benedict Society the most. It’s one of my comfort books. When I’m especially sad and my brain’s zooming off in every direction with no purpose, I just read at least the first few chapters and I’m put right.
Fantasy, definitely to write. You get to do what you want. Reading . . . I suppose the same. But only the good fantasy, you feel me?
Kinda answered this in the Fantasy February post, but the current obsession is MCYT and the good old standbys are Star Wars and Lord of the Rings.
Definitely go to a book world for a day. Why would I bring a character here, it’d be awkward and what would we even do? If I went to a book world, on the other hand, I’d have adventure and perhaps a near-death experience and perhaps assist in saving the world, you never know.
Tea, definitely. I really don’t like coffee. Fruit teas like raspberry and peach are my favorites.
Jack of all trades, boys. Sure, I’d like to be really really good at things (what’s the point of doing something if you’re not immediately good at it, am I right? Hahahah . . . ) but if I could be pretty good at a whole ton of stuff? I could do SO MANY THINGS.
Very deep question, not at all surprised, Ari.
Ummm . . .
I guess there’s a lot of things but they all kinda boil down to making other people happy. Which sounds really dumb and cliche and unrealistic but like . . . literally nothing makes me feel as good as when I make somebody smile. Or laugh. Laughing makes me go bonkers. Even if its just momentarily distracting somebody from the crushing weight of their woes with, like, a meme or a song or a completely random character fact with no bearing on anything. It feels right.
Too bad I’m not that funny, huh?
Unusual talents, ummm . . .
I can accurately predict the weather, even like months in advance. Dunno why. I can stick my shoulder blades out like four inches out of my back, which freaks people out and is fun. I’m decent at imitating singing voices. (My sister, though, she’s scary good at doing voices. I honestly can’t tell her from the real thing most of the time.)
I don’t know????
Snowy region all the way. It’d get annoying being cold all the time, but . . .
I hate sand so much.
Honestly? The Hobbit. I don’t like the movies a whole lot, a bit too melodramatic for my tastes (‘oh Ashley its Tolkien its supposed to be overly dramatic’ shush) but I tried reading the book finally and I just wasn’t super impressed. It’s fine, of course, but compared to Lord of the Rings? It’s just difficult to get into, y’know? The movies have surprisingly more depth, which is something I’ve honestly never said about a movie.
WHAT DO I WIN
. . . nothing?
Was, was the tag itself the prize?
I’m so very confused.
Okay, now I gotta come up with questions uhhhhhhh
- Have you ever written a story based on a song? What was it?
- Do you have specific things (snacks, tea, music) that you use to get yourself into writing mode?
- What do you do when you don’t have the motivation to write?
- Favorite Youtuber/streamer?
- Why did you start writing?
- What are your favorite types of villains?
- What is the weirdest writing-related thing you’ve done?
- Opinion on fuzzy socks?
- What is your most-used character type?
- Angst or fluff?
- What is the book that made you cry the hardest?
Dang I kinda wanna answer these . . . . anyway.
Now I have to ask eleven people these questions. Do I even know eleven bloggers? I’m just gonna do as many as I can.
Maddie Morrow: What a Novel Idea
Sarah: The Sarcastic Elf
Tasha: The Phoenix Author
Caleb: A Young Writer’s Blog
Arysta Henry: Drops Of Inspira
Emily: The Ink-Stained Desk
Elizabeth: An Attic Full of Paper
Nola: Tales of the Spiral
And that is it. The other people I know have already been tagged, soo . . . . yup.
Also guess what, tomorrow I’m getting wisdom tooth surgery so that’s GREAT. Absolutely FANTASTIC. I’m not nervous at all what’re you talking about I’m not shaking you’re shaking.
See you next week guys.